This week is National Board Game and Puzzle week – in honor of that, I thought I’d pose the question of what was your favorite board game growing up? I have to give my top 5 given that I had so many favorites and the games that fired them, given that most of these were really simple:
- Risk (which I’ve moved on from since it takes so long)fired by Summoner Wars(my son and I love this game).
- Monopoly(which I don’t care for anymore now that I discovered Acquire)
- Othello – enjoyed playing this game with my little sister before school. This is fired by Blokus for abstract category.
- The Game of Life (loved all the little parts), fired by Carcassonne as a family friendly game with great parts and artwork.
- Run Yourself Ragged – and oddball marble obstacle course game – my sister and I used to love to get ‘high scores’ on this game. Still looking for a replacement for this one as I don’t own this one, but might have to buy it again. Maybe Pitchcar(which has peaked my interest lately).